Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the deadline for Christmas 2018 delivery?
||Deadline for Christmas delivery
||December 6, 2018
||December 6, 2018
||December 17, 2018
||December 19, 2018
||December 11, 2018
How do I shop at gifts.tcd.ie?
Shopping at gifts.tcd.ie is simple. We hope you’ll find using our website quick and convenient, and we’ll guide you safely through the online shopping experience, because your privacy and security is extremely important to us. Browse our categories and products from the top navigation bar. Drop down menus will help you search categories. Once you have found the items you would like to purchase, add these to your shopping basket and follow the prompts to proceed to purchase.
Our search box is always near the top of the page. You can search by product or brand name, key words such as the product type, or the unique 8-digit product code. If you search for something particular, it's best to keep the description relatively simple.
Do you ship internationally?
We currently ship worldwide.
How can I pay?
We accept VISA and MasterCard to pay for your order. Your details are safe with us as we take security very seriously indeed. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers’ database, to be accessible only by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Can you help me with technical issues on the site?
We hope you are enjoying the ease and convenience of shopping at gifts.tcd.ie. However if you are having any problems with our site, please visit our Contact Us page or email us at email@example.com and let us know. If you can supply us with the any of the information below, it will help us respond to you.
- As much detail as you can about the issue
- Details of any error message you may have received
- Which web browser you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.)
- What you have already tried to fix the problem
How do I use my discount/promotion code?
Please enter your discount/promotion code in the Basket page in the field labelled Promotion Code and then click the ‘Apply’ button. You should then proceed to the Checkout page to complete your purchase by clicking on the ‘Checkout’ link. You must enter the discount/promotion code before you are checking out as it can’t be applied later.
There are some rules around discount/promotions:
- Only one discount/promotion code can be used per order
- Discount/promotion codes cannot be used for gift vouchers
- Discount may not be valid when we have a sale on
As our discount/promotion codes vary so do the terms and conditions of each, so please check them when you receive any discount/promotion code. If you’re not clear on any of them please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I amend my order?
We are unable to amend any part of your order or change the delivery or payment method once your order has been dispatched.
Can I cancel my order?
If your order has already been despatched, you'll need to return the item following our returns procedure in the event of any unwanted products. Read our Returns page for details on how to do so.
If your order hasn’t left the warehouse yet, we may be able to cancel it completely. Please visit our Contact Us page or email us at email@example.com for further information and advice.
My order has not arrived yet, where is it?
If your order has not arrived by the estimated delivery date, we're here to help. Before getting in contact with us, have you tried:
- Checking the tracking link via your confirmation email to view the up to date tracking.
- Signing into My Account to check we have the correct delivery address for your order and your contact details are up to date.
- Checking if you have an email or attempted delivery card. Your parcel may be awaiting collection at a local post office or delivery depot, or you may need to arrange redelivery.
- Checking with your neighbours to see if they have accepted the parcel on your behalf.
- Looking in any safe areas the carrier may have left your parcel, such as behind bins or in a shed, garage or porch.
If you still can't find your parcel, please email us using the Contact Us page or firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your order number. We'll reply within 24 hours and do our best to locate your parcel straightaway. If it cannot be found, we will arrange a replacement or refund for you.
I have received a faulty item.
We want to sort out any issues with faulty items straightaway. As soon as you discover a fault, please contact us at via our Contact Us page or email us at email@example.com with the order number, the faulty item's name and number, and a description of the fault.
I have received an incorrect item in my order.
We want to sort out any issues with incorrect items straightaway. Please visit our Contact Us page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and the incorrect item's name and number. We'll respond to you within 24 hours. As soon as we have accepted your return we’ll either send you the correct item or refund you the price you paid – whichever you prefer.
An item is missing from my order.
We may have sent your items in separate parcels so please check your emails to see if any of your items will be arriving separately. If your order has been sent in different parcels, each delivery note will tell you the items you can expect to find inside. Please check the delivery notes from each part of your order to make sure you're not missing anything.
If an item is missing, please visit our Contact Us page or email us at email@example.com with the order number and the missing item's name and number and we will send you the correct item or refund – whichever you prefer.
How do I return an item?
We want to give you a hassle-free way to return anything, so you can return any item to us within 28 days of receiving your original order, including sale items. All we ask is that you make sure we know the order number your return relates to, your details and whether you want a refund or to change it for another size or colour. We can’t do this without these details, so make sure the returns form is filled out and placed in your returns parcel. Please click this link to download the returns form.
- If you'd like to return your item for an exchange of its size or colour, we'll send your replacement to the default delivery address on your account. To check or update your address details, log into My Account and click 'edit' below your Address Book (remember to click 'Save' when you're done).
- Have you lost your returns note or label? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can use An Post when returning your items or you can make your own arrangements through any postal carrier. Please note that you will have to cover the postage costs yourself.
- We’ll send you an email as soon as we’ve received your return in its original condition and apply your refund to your original payment method. This is usually done within 1 working day.
- Any refund will automatically be issued to the card you used to place the original order. This typically takes 5-10 working days, depending on your bank/card issuer.
We try hard to accept all returns, and returns to us don’t need to be in the original packaging. In the unlikely event that an item is returned to us in an unsuitable condition, we may have to send it back to you.
If you would like to return your product directly to our shop in Trinity College Dublin, please ensure you have the receipt and the payment card you originally used to buy the product and we can issue you a refund immediately.
Have you received my returned items?
As soon as your return has been received and checked, we'll email you to let you know. In the unlikely event that you haven’t received an email within 10 working days (14 days outside of ROI) of returning your items, contact us and we'll get back to you within 24 hours. Please let us know your original order number, which items you have returned and any delivery reference numbers (i.e. from a collection service or courier) when you contact us.
How do I sign-up to the Friends of Trinity email newsletter?
Please sign-up to our emails here or alternatively find the sign-up box towards the bottom of our homepage.
How do I unsubscribe from the Friends of Trinity email newsletter?
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails from us, simply click unsubscribe at the top or bottom of all emails and confirm your request. Please note, it may take up to 5 working days for your request to be implemented. You can sign-up again at any stage from our homepage should you change your mind.